Transfer Course Evaluation Process
Courses taken at another college or university need to be evaluated for equivalency to a University of Minnesota Twin Cities (UMTC) course in order to have the transfer course applied toward the math major or minor at UMTC.
You will find previously evaluated courses that were taken at a domestic college or university in Transferology. Pay close attention to the effective dates of the course equivalency. If the course is not listed or the effective date is in the past, then the course needs to be evaluated. A course syllabus detailing the course description, textbook used, content covered, assignments, etc. is required so that the course may be evaluated.
How to submit transfer courses for review:
Universities/Colleges in the U.S.
- Go to the Transfer Course Evaluation.
- Scroll down to "Submitting a Course For Review"
- Select "Current Student"
- Select "Already completed a course at another institution"
- Scroll down to Step 4: Click here to submit a course for review.
**The electronic course evaluation system only works for institutions in the United States.
For math courses taken at a university or college outside of the United States, students will need to submit a syllabus for each course to the undergraduate math department via the International Transfer Course Evaluation form to have their math courses reviewed for equivalency to a UMTC math courses. A syllabus is a detailed document that explains what was taught in the course. It is not the same as a transcript or course description. The syllabus should be translated into English and include:
- The name of your school
- The name of the course you took
- The term in which you took the course
- The name and email address of your course instructor
- The course website address, if available
- The course textbook and other supplemental materials that were used in the course
- Description of the purpose of the course
For Statistics courses, students need to complete a Re-Evaluation of Transfer Credits form, which can be obtained by your college advisor. Once you have obtained the form, as well as a copy of the syllabus in English, send these documents to the Statistics advisors at email@example.com.