Transfer Course Evaluation Process

Courses taken at another college or university need to be evaluated for equivalency to a University of Minnesota Twin Cities (UMTC) course in order to have the transfer course applied toward the Math major or minor at UMTC.

You will find previously evaluated courses that were taken at a domestic or international college or university in Transferology. Pay close attention to the effective dates of the course equivalency. If the course is not listed or the effective date is in the past, then the course needs to be evaluated. A course syllabus detailing the course description, textbook used, content covered, assignments, etc. is required so that the course may be evaluated.

How to submit transfer courses for review:

  1. Go to "Submitting a Course For Review" on the Office of Admissions website.
  2. Select on the appropriate link for where your previous school is located - domestic or international - and your student status - prospective or current/recently admitted. Click on the link to expand the section.
  3. Read the instructions to upload the syllabus and submit the course for evaluation.
  4. Click on the link "Submit a course for review".