Symmetries of Differential Equations
Symmetries of Differential Equations: Frames, Invariants and Applications
A conference in honor of the 60th birthday of Peter Olver
May 17-19 (20), 2012 (Thursday-Saturday, informal session Sunday AM)
The conference will assess the present state of knowledge in the wide ranging but coherent research fields in which Peter has been involved and celebrate his profound influence on these fields through his books and papers and, especially, through an amazing number of students, postdocs and collaborators.
We anticipate funds being available for financial support to support selected participants. Junior researchers and members of underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ian Anderson (Utah State University)
- John Ball (University of Oxford)
- Mireille Boutin (Purdue University)
- Mark Fels (Utah State University)
- Rui Loja Fernandes (Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal)
- Artemio González-López (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
- Evelyne Hubert (INRIA)
- Arieh Iserles (University of Cambridge)
- Irina Kogan (North Carolina State University)
- Yvette Kosmann-Schwarzbach (Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau)
- Boris Kruglikov (University of Tromsø)
- Debra Lewis (UC Santa Clara)
- Robert Milson (Dalhousie University)
- Elizabeth Mansfield (University of Kent)
- Sheehan Olver (University of Sydney)
- Juha Pohjanpelto (Oregon State University)
- Philip Rosenau (Tel-Aviv University)
- Keti Tenenblat (Universidade de Brasília)
- Francis Valiquette (Dalhousie University)
Please let us know your interest in attending the conference. Further details will be added as they are finalized.
This conference is supported in part by the National Science Foundation (NSF), the University of Minnesota, and the Institute for Mathematics and its Application (IMA) through its Participating Institution (PI) Program. PI members may use IMA/PI funds to support travel of their personnel to this conference.