Make a Gift
Making an earmarked contribution in support of Mathematics is a superb way to enhance the Department's tradition of excellence in research, education, and service. Your gift will make a tremendous difference in the lives of students and faculty, the broader campus community, and the profession.
Mathematics plays an ever more essential role in our global society. Mathematical theories and algorithms form the bedrock of modern science, engineering and technology, including computers and the internet, and are now indispensable to biology, medicine and agriculture; economics, finance and insurance; industry, defense and security; and even sports and entertainment. Today's careers are increasingly driven by excellence in Mathematics and quantitative skills. Thus, your gift to Mathematics also becomes an investment in the future of the State of Minnesota, the U.S., and the world at large.
There are many ways to give! You can contribute to the department's general fund, a named fund, or you can even create your own fund. Estate gifts allow you to create a lasting legacy; there are many ways to give which do not deplete needed income. Please contact the External Relations Officer, Emily Strand, 612-625-6798, for questions and inquiries concerning your interest in current or future giving.
Math General Fund – to support activities of the School of Mathematics and for scholarships
Christofferson Undergraduate Scholarship – to provide scholarships for highly qualified women undergraduate students in Mathematics.
- 2016-2017: Kendra Bergstedt, Yining Gao, Elena Hafner, Lucy (Zhuoyu) Yang
Professor Mark I. Gilquist Undergraduate Scholarship – to provide scholarships for students with the Mathematics Education specialization (new in 2015).
- 2016-2017: Erin Dickie
- 2015-2016: Alexandra Bosch
William L. Hart Scholarship – in memory of former Mathematics Prof. William Hart
- 2014-2015: Elaina Hintsala, Maxwell Shinn
Maximillian Lando Scholarship
- 2016-2017: Rajendra Beekie, Tikhon Gritskevich, Junyuan Chen, Yubo Shao, Patrick Blee, Joseph Kangas, Owen Levin, Liqun Li, Yuwei Yang
- 2015-2016: Noah Bittermann, Meghan Chau, Fei Chi, Maya Cutkosky, Robert Dryke, Benjamin Feigenbaum, Abdullah Ghelli, Grant Goodman, Patrick Holec, Shangyuan Jia, Wen Jing, Nathan Klein, Joseph Lawson, Cuiqing Li, Juseph Lunaburg, Nitin Prasad, Kasmer Schmanski, Andrew Senger, Sammy Shaker, Hidenori Shinohara, Marshall Smith, Alexander Stroh, Bernardo Villalba Cahue, Clayton Wagar, Jinchuan Wei, Jacob Wise, Di Wu, Newell H.Y. Wunrow, Wenjing Yang, Yao Rui Yeo
Hans G. and Sophie L. Othmer Scholarship – for outstanding undergraduate Mathematics students from Minnesota and first-generation college students (new in 2015).
- 2016-2017: Grant Goodman
- 2015-2016: Christian Gaetz
J. Ian Richards Scholarship – in memory of former Mathematics Prof. Ian Richards
- 2014-2015: Christopher Lovdal, Katherine Ziebarth
Isaac Benjamin Segal Scholarship – for an undergraduate Mathematics research project student, in memory of Isaac Benjamin Segal, BS-Mathematics (new in 2015).
- 2016-2017: Deandra Bardell
- 2015-2016: Nitin Prasad
Ella Thorp Scholarship
- 2016-2017: Ian McMeeking, Anh Tuong Nguyen, Han Yong Wunrow, Alan (Tianqi) Zhang, Steven Gilpin, Dmitriy Rozenblat, Ryan Scharf, Adam Wentz
Mark Feshbach Fellowship – in memory of former Mathematics Prof. Mark Feshbach
- 2013-2016: Daniel Massatt
Naresh C. Jain Fellowship – in memory of former Mathematics Prof. and Department Head Naresh Jain
- 2013-2016: Mauricio Flores
Ruth Kahn Fellowship
- 2015-2018: Kelley, Elizabeth
- 2013-2016: Ashley Earls
Jean Roberts Fellowship
Ella Thorp Fellowship
- 2016-2018: Hagen, August
- 2013-2016: Madeline Handschy
- 2013-2015: Jonathan Hahn
- 2012-2015: Samantha Fuller, Jeffrey Moulton, Kathleen Storey
MathCEP – Mathematics Center for Educational Programs
- Sarah Jeon & Charles McGarraugh U of M Talented Youth in Mathematics Program Fellowship
MCFAM – Minnesota Center for Financial and Actuarial Mathematics
- Actuarial Science Fund
- Travelers Master of Financial Mathematics Fellowship
MCIM – Minnesota Center for Industrial Mathematics
- MCIM Fund
- MCIM Faculty/Postdoc Support Fund
- MCIM Visitor Support Fund
- Medtronic Research Fund
Samuel G. Ordway Chair in Mathematics
James B. Serrin Endowment – for enhancement of mathematics and scholarship, particularly in pure and applied analysis
Rivière-Fabes Fund – Established in memory of former Mathematics Prof. Nestor Rivière and former Mathematics Prof. and Department Head Eugene Fabes
- Rivière-Fabes Symposium on Analysis and Partial Differential Equations (held annually)
Yamabe Memorial Symposium Fund
No current information available.