Predictive Modeling in Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Risk Management
Second Annual MCFAM Summer Symposium
July 25 - 27, 2014
Predictive analytics, modeling and "big data" are having an immense impact on the financial industry. The second annual MCFAM Summer Symposium, Predictive Modeling in Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Risk Management, will explore the current state of predictive modeling today and how it is used across a variety of insurance and quant finance areas. We will also review new frontiers and research in statistics and high dimensional data. The Symposium will additionally examine data privacy law and regulation related to predictive modeling; and industry experts will participate in a panel discussing the real-world challenges and opportunities related to predictive modeling.
"Information is the Oil of the 21st Century, and analytics is the combustion engine."
- Peter Sondergaard
Who Should Attend?
- Industry practitioners from insurance and quantitative finance
- Academics in related fields
- University/College Level students
This 2.5 day symposium is free and will include 3 light meals and various coffee breaks.
- Event Location - Vincent Hall 16
- Program Details
- Meet our Speakers
- Meet our Panelists
- Registered Attendees
- Overview of the Statistics of Prediction
- Introduction to Predictive Modeling in Financial Risk Management
- Predictive Modeling Practices: Insurance & Quantitative Finance
- New Frontiers/Research in Statistics and High Dimensional Data
- Legal/Regulatory View on Data Privacy
- Industry Panel - Predictive Modeling Realities - Opportunities and Challenges
Previous MCFAM Summer Symposia: 2013